Division of Health Sciences Graduate Commencement Schedule
Schedule & Instructions for Graduates
Assembly will take place in Room 110 of the Arnold Bernhard Arts and Humanities Center.
Class photos will be taken prior to the Commencement Ceremony.
- 9:15am: Acupuncture Institute
- 9:25am: College of Chiropractic
- 9:35am: Fones School of Dental Hygiene (Graduate)
- 9:45am: College of Naturopathic Medicine
- 9:55am: Nutrition Institute
- 10:05am: Physician Assistant Institute
All candidates must be assembled with their School/College/Institute in alphabetical or reverse alphabetical order in Room 110 of the Arnold Bernhard Arts and Humanities Center.
Marshal/Commencement Aides for each School/College/Institute will assist with line up.
When the music begins, each School/College/Institute will be led in by a Faculty member carrying their School/College/Institute banner.
All directions are to the audience’s left and right (these directions are as if you were seated in your respective row and looking straight at the stage).
All directions are audience LEFT and RIGHT.
Flag bearers will lead commencement candidates single file into the theater in two lines in the following order, followed by the Faculty that has divided themselves into two equal lines and the stage party. Please fill each row completely before starting a new row. Regardless if you are starting a new school or not.
The rows are as follows:
Row A – 28 seats, Row B – 30 seats, Row C – 31 seats, Row D – 34 seats, Row E – 33 seats
Faculty – Row F and G
Candidates are to remain standing until the stage party is seated.
Institutes/Schools/Colleges will be called up to the stage in the following order: Acupuncture Institute, Human Nutrition Institute, Physician Assistant Institute, Fones School of Dental Hygiene, Chiropractic College and College of Naturopathic Medicine.
Candidates will be asked to exit their seats, ten (10) at a time, into the right aisle and stand close to the wall. The first candidate will proceed to the top of the stage steps. The next candidate will wait at the bottom of the steps.
One candidate at a time will proceed onto the stage Students receiving dual degrees will only bring their hood to the stage for their highest degree. As their name is announced, stop for hooding by the dean/director proceed to the middle of the stage, shake hands with President Salonen and receive their diploma case at the center podium, proceed to the left steps, exit off stage steps.
Stop for photo at bottom of steps.
Each Institutes/Schools/Colleges will line up on Apron of Stage (right in front of stage to recite their oath.)
After Oath return immediately to seat.
If you are receiving more than one degree you will walk across stage for each degree that you will be receiving. All candidates will be hooded.
At the conclusion of the ceremony the recessional is in reverse order of the processional: stage party, faculty, then students. Please exit into the lobby to meet guests.
A reception will follow the ceremony. It will be located outside of the Arnold Bernhard Center.
- Arrive on time. Please note that there will be pictures taken from the University photographer prior to the commencement line up.
- Bring your cap, gown and hood.
- Bring your student admission ticket from bridgeport.edu/tickets.
- Dress appropriately: Pants and shirt for men. Pants or a dress for women. Please keep in mind that there is a downward slope as you enter the theater, so you may wish to wear shoes that you can walk in comfortably.
- Do not leave the theatre until the Commencement Ceremony has finished.
Schedule & Instructions for Guests
9:30 a.m. Arrival begins at the Arnold Bernhard Arts and Humanities Center
10:45 a.m. Candidate processional begins
11:00 a.m. Main ceremony begins
12:30 p.m. Conclusion of Ceremony and Recessional
- Bring your ticket.
- Make your way to the seating area. (Guests are not permitted in the Assembly area.)
- Guests may take photos from their seats. No one may block aisles. Professional photos will be available.
- Do not leave the theatre until the Commencement Ceremony has finished