Whether you plan to attend the Commencement Ceremony in person or will be cheering from afar, we want to help you celebrate your loved one's achievement!
Attending the Event
Family and friends are welcome to attend the University of Bridgeport's Commencement Ceremony for their graduate:
- Undergraduate and Traditional Graduate Commencement Ceremony at Webster Bank Arena at Harbor Yard
- Health Sciences Graduate Commencement Ceremony at UB's Arnold Bernhard Arts and Humanities Center
Each event takes place rain or shine, allowing for wonderful photo opportunities thanks to the tiered seating.
All guests must have tickets to be admitted to either Commencement Ceremony. This includes children over the age of two. Get more information about ordering tickets here.
Venue and Ceremony Details
Please visit the Event Day Info section to find information related to the event you plan to attend, including:
- Program Schedule
- Parking and Directions
- Instructions for Guests
Guests are also invited to attend Honors and Awards ceremonies. Please check here for more details. Please note that some events are by invitation only.
Unable to Attend?
Watch at home!
We recognize that many of our graduates have family and friends who are unable to attend the event in person. To help these individuals take part in Commencement Day events from afar, we will be livestreaming the Commencement Day Ceremony!
We recommend that families and friends of graduating students fly into:
- La Guardia International Airport or John F. Kennedy International Airport, both located in New York City, NY,
- Newark Liberty International Airport, located in Newark, NJ,
- or Bradley International Airport located in Hartford, Connecticut.
The most convenient and inexpensive means of transportation to Bridgeport are the following services, which make hourly trips from airports*:
- Prime Time Shuttle provides door-to-door service from airports to the campus (drop-off at Bodine Hall), or to the Arena or your hotel. For further information, call 1-800-REDVANS (1-800-733-8267) or visit their website at www.totheairport.com.
- Connecticut Limousine will take you to the Connecticut Limo Terminal in Bridgeport. Taxi cabs are available at the terminal to take you to your destination. For further information, call 1-800-472-LIMO (5466) or visit their website at www.ctlimo.com.
Various bus and rail options are available, with each service stopping at stations in downtown Bridgeport. Traveling from Long Island is also possible via ferry.
National Bus Lines
Stop location: Bridgeport Transportation Center, 710 Water Street, Bridgeport
The following bus lines provide service to Bridgeport. For more details, please visit the affiliate links:
- Greyhound: (800) 231-222 or www.greyhound.com
- Bridgeport Bus Terminal: (203) 335-1123 or gogbt.com
- Peter Pan/Trailways: (800) 343-9999 or (203) 334-2116 or peterpanbus.com
Stop location: Bridgeport Railroad Station, 525 Water St, Bridgeport, CT
Both the MetroNorth and Amtrak services make stops at the Bridgeport Railroad Station. Please visit the affiliate links for more details:
- Metro North goes Southbound to New York City and northbound to New Haven, making local stops along the way in towns such as Fairfield, Norwalk, Stamford, Stratford, Milford and Hamden, etc. For more information please call 1-800-638-7646 or visit mta.info/mnr
- Amtrak provides service from Boston to Washington D.C., as well as other cities and states on the east coast. Call 1-800-872-7245 or visit www.amtrak.com.
Ferry Boat Services
- The Bridgeport/Port Jefferson Ferry provides transportation to Long Island, N.Y. Call 1-800-443-3779 or visit www.88844ferry.com.
If your family members require a letter stating that you are graduating in order to obtain visas to travel to the United States, contact the Office of International Students and Scholars at 203-576-4395, email@example.com, or visit the office located on the Garden Level of Wahlstrom Library.
Undergraduate and Graduate Commencement Ceremony
Event location: Webster Bank Arena at Harbor Yard, 600 Main Street, Bridgeport, CT
Event parking is available at Webster Bank Arena. UB will also offer shuttle service from the Bridgeport campus to the event. For more details, visit our Parking and Directions page.
Health Sciences Graduate Commencement Ceremony
Event location: Arnold Bernhard Arts and Humanities Center, 84 Iranistan Ave, Bridgeport, CT 06604
For directions, visit our Parking and Directions page for this event.